Scavenger Hunt 2012 Game #2
Archaeological sites often appear in movies. Here are 10 sites from 10 fairly popular movies. For each image we asked you to name the site, the country in which it is located, and the name of the movie in which it appears. See the answers below.
1. Seen in a popular science fiction movie series
2. Father-son issues force limb-severing confrontations.
1. This building appears in the final scenes of the movie.
2. The actor who played the fedora-wearing, whip-wielding star of this movie also appeared in the movie featured in Image 1.
1. Father-son issues (again!) at the start of this Ridley Scott directed movie led to to a final showdown in this building.
2. The brother of one of this movie’s stars appears briefly in the movie associated with Image 2.
1. A forbidden romance ended by accident?
2. The orchestra played on, or so they say!
1. Famous comic actor destroys this site by backing his car into it
2. A movie from the 1980s—does not feature a restful break
1. Robots transform this site into a battleground, far cry from its original purpose
2. Star of this movie worked with the star of movies in Images 1 and 2 in the series connected to Image 2
1. This famous army comes to life in the movie—third in a series.
2. Mother issues?
1. Road-trip, buddy movie
2. Start of a revolution
1. Legendary king, charged with defending the empire at this linear feature that was named for a Roman emperor
2. Bend it like a Woad?
1. From popular video game to big-screen action-adventure
2. The building is part of a larger archaeological site
As preparations for International Archaeology Day pick up speed, more groups sign on daily. Today, four new groups joined the cause.
The Society for California Archaeology has signed on as a collaborating organization for International Archaeology Day.
2013's International Archaeology Day sees the return of many collaborating organizations from years past!