Global Scavenger Hunt 2011 Puzzle #1
The two lucky winners of our first daily prize are Stephanie Slade and Theresa Huntsman!
Fill the grid with the answers to the clues provided below. Start in the square on the top left and fill in the answers moving clockwise in a spiral around the grid. Answers start and end in shaded squares. The last letter of each answer begins the next answer. Once the grid is complete, enter the letters in the shaded squares in the blanks below (or check the box to autofill). The letters will provide a clue to today's solution. Provide the site and the country in which it is located.
1. ___________________ Raraku quarry, Easter Island
2. Ceramic jars in Spanish speaking countries
3. Subdivision of an excavation grid
4. Person who studies ancient inscriptions
5. Capital of famous ancient empire and popular HBO series
6. Country where Silbury Hill is located
7. A type of column
8. Large statues
9. Arctic group
10. Legendary city and focus of a famous war
Use the form below to work the puzzle, or download the printable version.
This puzzle is closed, see the answers below.
Answer (site and country): Petra, Jordan
International Archaeology Day at the ROM gave museum visitors the chance to explore archaeology around the world
The AIA Spokane Society celebrated the 2013 International Archaeology Day over two days, with lectures and workshops
The Central Texas Society of the AIA celebrated International Archaeology Day 2013 by holding its sixth Annual Ancient Archaeology Playdate