Sponsored by Reconstructive and Experimental Archaeology Conference (RE-ARC)
Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Sunday, October 21, 2012
Schiele Museum of Natural History
1500 East Garrison Blvd.
Gastonia, NC 28054
3rd Annual RE-ARC Conference
From Experience to Experiment: A Marriage of Two Worlds- Moving from conjecture toward informed analysis and conclusion
RE-ARC is designed for anyone interested in the scientific application of reconstructive and experimental archaeology:
- Primitive Technologists
Topics will include but not be limited to:
- Reconstructive and Experimental Projects In: ceramics, lithics, structures, subsistence, education
- Methods to Professionalize and Legitimize your Experiments
- Writing Papers
- Designing and Structuring Effective Experiments
- Working with Primitive Technologists, Archaeologists and Academics
- “Good Science” Verses “Bad Science”
- Laboratory Methods for Analysis of Artifacts & Provide Data on Materials and Techniques
- Reconstructive Archaeology as a New Degree Program!
- Reconstructive/Experimental Archaeology in the Classroom
- Primitive Technology Resources for the Classroom
- How to Utilize Primitive Technology Effectively on the Dig Site, in Analysis, Education, Promotion
- The Value of Experiential Knowledge in the Field and in Site Analysis
- Accessing the Expertise – How to Find a “Primitive Technologist” When You Need One….
Send paper titles, abstracts and full contact information to:
Attention: Mark Butler, 1110 McCrae Dr., Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Entries can also be emailed.