American School of Classical Studies at Athens
Deadline: October 31, 2011
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL
POSITION IN ATHENS (Pending Funding)
Term: A full-time (12 months) position beginning July 1, 2012 for three years, with the possibility of renewal for a final fourth year.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include room and board at the School.
Qualifications: Candidates must have earned the PhD from a North American university no more than three years prior to the application, must have spent a minimum of a year as a Member of the ASCSA, should have an active agenda for research and publication, should have knowledge of Greece and Modern Greek, and should have some teaching experience.
• To help the Director in the administration of School business and to stand in for the Director when needed. Reports to the Director of the School.
• To assist with the academic program under the direction of the Mellon Professor by lecturing, leading short trips or offering mini-seminars/workshops on area(s) of expertise.
• To serve as a contact and resource person for all members of the School and to live in Loring Hall.
• To help with the planning of the Summer Session by suggesting itineraries, speakers, and generally offering support to the Summer Session Directors, but not making actual arrangements.
• To be a visible presence in the Athenian social and academic scene by attending functions as an official of the School.
• Pursue research on a project.
For more information go to the ASCSA website: http://www.ascsa.edu.gr/index.php/about/position
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment.
Committee on Personnel