- This event has passed.
2018 Archaeology Expo
October 13, 2018 @ 10:00 am EDT
110 Pequot Trail
Mashantucket, CT 06338-3180 United States
Sponsored by: Pequot Museum
Bring your family to the Pequot Museum for a day of exploration! Archaeologists and historians from across the region will share their discoveries. There’s something for everyone, from experts and professionals to enthusiasts and kids, don’t miss out!
• tour the Pequot Museum’s archaeology labs
• visit historical sites on the reservation
• archaeology demonstrations
• artifact displays
• kids discovery stations (hands-on activites)
• poster sessions
• flintknapping (stone tool making)
• and more!
• Guest speakers will include Nick Bellantoni, who will give a lecture about his new book, The Long Journeys Home: The Repatriations of Henry ‘Opukaha’ia and Albert Afraid of Hawk; Sarah Sportman and Ross Harper of the Public Archaeology Survey Team, Inc. (PAST, Inc.), Dr. Cosimo Sgarlata (Western CT State University), Katherine Reinhart (PAST, Inc), David Naumec of the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center), and CT State Archaeologist Brian Jones.
This event will be held inside the museum’s Gathering Space with its soaring glass ceiling and acclaimed Native restaurant. There is no charge to enter the Gathering Space.
• To access the Expo Flyer, please click AAM Flyer.
• For Directions please click here.