You may submit papers related to any of the five topics:
1. Amber in prehistory and history: the artifact and the symbol;
2. Geologic resources of amber, and amber with inclusions;
3. Physico-chemical analysis of amber;
4. Amber in ethnography and folklore;
5. Conservation issues of the ancient amber: preservation and restoration.
The papers should be 20 minutes long, and each presentation will be followed by 10 minutes discussion. The language of the conference will be English.
All papers presented in the conference will be published in the conference proceedings (publication is scheduled in 2015).
Attention! Deadline for submitting abstracts has been extended!
Please submit the theme of the paper with a short abstract (up to 300 words) by 15 April 2014 to Ms. Dardega Legzdiņa by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the conference is free.
After the conference on 21 September there will be a one-day excursion to the Lake Lubāns that is an exceptionally significant Stone Age micro-region of Latvia.