COVID-19 NOTICE: Please be sure to reach out to the project contact to find out the status of their upcoming season. Many projects have cancelled fieldwork for 2020 and the information below may not reflect that.
This listing expired on April 15, 2020. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any updated information.
Location: Caesarea, Israel
Season: May 10, 2020 to June 7, 2020
Deadline Type: Rolling
Field School, Volunteer
Dr. Asa Eger
• Participate in an archaeological field school, learn the fundamentals of excavation methods. No prior experience in archaeology is necessary.
• Learn the history of the largest classical site in Israel from the Hellenistic to Ottoman periods. Caesarea Maritima was once the capital of Roman and Byzantine Palestine.
• 6 credits in 2 courses (HIS 478/HIS 697) on the archaeology, history, religion, urban planning of the city.
• Includes two weekend field trips to sites in Israel
• Study Abroad includes all room and board in Israel (except two weekends), program related travel expenses, IPC fee, insurance, museum and archaeological site entrances for two field trips. Cost = $4,000.00, not including airfare.
• Financial Aid applicable for travel and scholarships/grants available.
Period(s) of Occupation: Hellenistic through Medieval
Project Size: 1-24 participants
Minimum Length of Stay for Volunteers: Four weeks
Minimum Age: 18
Experience Required: No previous experience required
Room and Board Arrangements:
Included in the fee.
The AIA is North America's largest and oldest nonprofit organization dedicated to archaeology. The Institute advances awareness, education, fieldwork, preservation, publication, and research of archaeological sites and cultural heritage throughout the world. Your contribution makes a difference.