The Institute for Field Research recognizes that the cost of field schools may be too high for some deserving students. We believe that archaeology should be available to all. This scholarship should help in offsetting a significant portion of field school tuition costs. Students who can demonstrate eligibility (see below) may apply for this scholarship. Please Apply at http://ifrglobal.org/students/scholarships
Each Needs-Based scholarship is for $2,000.00.
The scholarship sum will be deducted from the cost of an IFR field school. This scholarship has no cash value. This scholarship may not be applied to any field school outside those offered by the IFR.
• Any student whose application was approved for any of the IFR field schools.
• Must be 18 years old or older at the day the field school begins.
• Demonstrated financial need.
• Minimum GPA 2.9 (equivalent to 78% grade average).
• Current student or graduated in the past five years for any institution of higher education
(community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world.
• There is no nationality restriction. Any student may apply.
• Your major does not need to be in archaeology or related subject. Any student is welcomed to apply.
• Unofficial copy of your transcripts showing your current GPA/grade average.
• US citizens must send a copy of their latest FAFSA application available
(send your FAFSA status as a pdf document via email firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Name of one person who will send a recommendation letter on your behalf.
• Complete application form (click the "Apply Now" button below to see essay questions).
Deadlines and Submission
All application materials must reach the IFR by March 28, 2014 at 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time. Please send the complete application packet via email to: email@example.com. Make sure to mark “Scholarship-Need Based” in the subject line.
Materials that Must be Included in your Application:
• Unofficial copy of your transcripts showing your current GPA.
• US citizens must send a copy of their latest FAFSA application available.
• Name of one person who can send a recommendation letter on your behalf.
• Complete application form.
• Answers to the essay questions