Ireland – Experimental Archaeology Scholarship
The Ireland-Experimental Archaeology program is designed to introduce students to the role of crafts, technologies and construction techniques in Ireland during Medieval time. A $250 Scholarship will be awarded to a student attending the Experimental Archaeology program. This scholarship has no cash value and will be awarded as a reduction in field school tuition only.
- Must apply and be admitted to the Ireland-Experimental Archaeology program (no deposit fee is required to be able to apply for this scholarship).
- One recommendation letter requested through the online application process. Please upload name and email address of the person who will send a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Unofficial copy of transcripts showing your current Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Complete application essay questions.
- Submit all materials on time and online. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
One $250 Scholarship will be awarded to a student attending the Experimental Archaeology program. The scholarship sum will be deducted from the cost of the Ireland Experimental Archaeology program. This scholarship has no cash value. This scholarship may not be applied to any other field school, within or outside those offered by the IFR.
- Any student who has been admitted to the Ireland-Experimental Archaeology program.
- Must be 18 years old or older at the day the field school begins.
- Minimum GPA 2.5 (equivalent to 70% grade average).
- Current matriculating student at any level (undergraduate or graduate), or an individual who graduated in the past five years from an institution of higher education (community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world.
- There is no nationality restriction. Any student may apply.
- Your major does not need to be in archaeology, geography or related subjects. Students from any major are encouraged to apply.