Cultural Resources Division Director
Tierra Right of Way Services, Ltd., in Tucson, Arizona has a position available for the Director of our Cultural Resources Division. The primary responsibility of the Director is to supervise and coordinate all aspects of cultural resource projects in Arizona, New Mexico, and in other parts of the western United States. The Director will work closely with the project managers, principal investigators, other division directors (Right-of-Way and Environmental Planning), and corporate staff.
This is a salaried and senior position. Only well-qualified applicants will be interviewed.
• Advanced degree in archaeology, anthropology, or related field
• 15 years archaeological experience in local region (Arizona and New Mexico)
• Experience at the management level of CRM
• Clear understanding of Section 106, and city, county, state, and federal agency requirements
• History of successful management of multiple projects, an experienced staff, budgets, and schedules
• History of success with business development, marketing, and client relations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven record of completing projects on schedule and within budget
• Archaeological survey and excavation experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management of both the Tucson and Santa Fe offices of the Cultural Resources Division. (This will require periodic trips to Santa Fe.)
• Coordinate marketing with other Tierra Divisions.
• Prepare management plans, contracts, and proposals
• Develop and expand the Division in pace with the recovering U.S. economy
• Supervise all archaeological staff
• Pursue research interests within the context of CRM projects
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and knowledge of cultural resource management. This is a full-time, permanent position. Tierra Right of Way Services offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and disability insurance; retirement plan; and vacation and holidays. Tierra is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: To be considered, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, your resume, and three professional references.