April 13, 2023
Open Position at AIA: Programs Coordinator
Title: Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Programs
The AIA, the oldest and largest non-profit in the U.S. supporting professional archaeologists, seeks an energetic, organized, and detail-oriented individual to support the work of the Institute with a special focus on fellowships, grants, scholarships, awards, and public programs like the National Lecture Program, International Archaeology Day (IAD), and ArchaeoCon.
The position works closely with the Director of Programs; supports the activities of the Programs Department; and handles administrative responsibilities for the department.
- General administrative tasks within the Programs Department, includes responding to public queries (email and phone) and general office tasks
- Coordinate virtual and in-person programming
- Administer all special lectures including AIA Archaeology Hour and Archaeology Abridged
- Communicate with lecturers
- Work with Communications staff to set up online lectures and publicity
- Work with Development staff on fundraising follow-up
- Organize ArchaeoCon
- Work with Director of Programs to plan content and create schedule
- Invite speakers and communicate with them regularly leading up to the event
- Create website copy and work with communications on publicity campaigns
- Set up and monitor ticket sales
- Answer inquiries related to the event
- Implement annual International Archaeology Day strategy
- Includes recruitment, marketing, and promotion.
- Create and distribute the IAD newsletter for Collaborating Organizations.
- Coordinate the IAD website and blog including monitoring event submissions and maintain the IAD events calendar
- Work with Director of Programs to create all virtual IAD efforts including ArchaeoMadness, ArchaeoDoodles, Tweetathons, etc.
- Work with Director of Programs, Membership and Societies Coordinator, and Communications and Marketing Department to develop copy and marketing materials for membership engagement activities such as renewal campaigns, membership drives, and development efforts
- Administer Outreach and Education programs
- Works with the VP of Outreach and Education
- Works with the Outreach and Education Committee (staff liaison) and the Societies Committee Liaison on the Societies Outreach Grant Program
- Represents the AIA at Outreach events, Archaeology Fairs, Public Inquiries
- Maintains webpages including Interactive Digs
The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant professional experience
- BA or equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively while simultaneously managing numerous projects.
- Sound professional judgment, discretion, diplomacy, and keen sensitivity to handling confidential information.
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change, learning, and improvement.
- Ability to represent AIA and engage with the public, members of the organization, major donors, Governing Board members, and other stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with, archaeology or a related academic field a plus.
- Willingness to stay up to date with technology and enhance skills through professional development and training
The AIA is committed to equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will the AIA discriminate against qualified individuals on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, disability, mental illness, genetics, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law. The AIA complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing discrimination in the Boston and New York offices.
$45,000-$50,000 based on qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please send a resume with cover letter and/or an equivalent cover email to email@example.com