This tour is in the planning stages for the May 2021 departure. To be notified before others when the tour is available and to receive a detailed brochure, contact us at 800-748-6262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel on the iconic Sea Cloud II for this exciting spring circumnavigation of Sicily, with current AIA President Laetitia La Follette. Specially designed to allow ample time for sailing and a robust lecture program, this itinerary also offers excursions that cater to a variety of interests as well as mobility levels so that your travelers can choose to see and do what speaks to them and at a pace of their choosing. The program begins with one night in Valletta, the capital city of the island nation of Malta and one of the most concentrated historic areas in the world, before embarking the Sea Cloud II for a seven-night private charter that will take travelers on a circumnavigation of Sicily. The itinerary includes the first day on board at sea, under sail, before reaching the island’s treasures with stops in Trapani, Palermo, Giardini Naxos (for Taormina and Mt Etna), and Syracuse. This itinerary also spends a day in the Aeolian Islands, one of seven UNESCO sites visited, as well as a specially timed sailing through the Strait of Messina at sunset. Return to Malta and disembark at Valletta. An optional pre-trip extension offered inMalta and Gozo.
• Customize your experience with amenu of excursion options geared to different interests and mobility levels in nearly every port: Valletta, Trapani, Palermo, Lipari, and Giardini Naxos.
• Discover 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites –Malta’s Megalithic Temple Hagar Qim, Monreale’s Cathedral, the Aeolian Archipelago of which we visit Lipari, Mount Etna, as well as the historic centers of Valletta, Palermo, and Syracuse.
• Sample a variety of Palermo’s famed street food during a specially-curated lunch in Old Town Palermo.
• Experience the lovely countryside and historic wonders of Lipari, one of the seven Aeolian Islands, where one of the excursion options is by e-bike.
• Enjoy a private opening of the Santa Lucia alla Badia church in Ortygia, home to Caravaggio’s arresting masterpiece, Burial of St Lucy (1609).
• Delight in a private reception with a nobleman, who will welcome us to his Baroque palazzo, dating back to the Middle Ages, for a tour and light refreshments, including wines made by his family, winemakers since 1734.