Explore the remarkable sites and museums of Rome, the Amalfi Coast, and Naples in the company of archaeologist Crispin Corrado, who will provide a series of lectures and impromptu discussions throughout the tour to enhance your experience. Share ten days learning about and enjoying the art, architecture, and cuisine of Italy with your small group of like-minded fellow travelers. In October, the weather is typically perfect, and you will appreciate delicious food and wine as well as excellent, 4-star hotels that are perfectly located for some independent exploration.
Highlights are many and include:
- A custom-designed, well-paced itinerary with five nights in central Rome, two nights in Amalfi overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, and three nights in the historic center of Naples
- A full day exploring Rome’s ancient monuments, including the Forum and Colosseum (with special entry to the Colosseum’s upper levels), plus the House of Augustus on the Palatine Hill
- A full day dedicated to Rome’s Capitoline Museums, with their magnificent Classical and Renaissance art; the awe-inspiring Pantheon; and the Borghese Gallery’s outstanding sculptures
- and paintings
- A trip to Tivoli for a visit to Hadrian’s Villa, a 2nd-century A.D. complex; finishing the day with a stop at the Catacombs in Via Appia Antica (Appian Way)
- A visit to Vatican City, with early entry to the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and Raphael Rooms, and the Gregorian Etruscan Museum; plus St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world
- An excursion to Paestum, with its three magnificent, Doric Greek temples
- A high-speed hydrofoil ride to the isle of Capri
- And visits to archaeological gems in and around Naples, including Pompeii and Herculaneum, both of which were buried (and preserved) by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in A.D. 79; the superb Naples Archaeological Museum; and Villa Poppea (Oplontis), an ancient villa with splendid wall paintings
Pricing per person double occupancy (10 nights):
15-16 Participants $7,945
11-14 Participants $8,445
9-10 Participants $8,945
Single Supplement $1,895
*Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required. With fewer than 9 participants, a small-group surcharge may be added.
To reserve your space using the online form, click here.
For reservations or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include your full name) or call us toll-free at (800) 748-6262 (toll: 603-756-2884). Download the brochure for complete details.
A Private Departure is available for this tour. Choose your travel companions, dates. Twelve days with expert local guides!