2012 National Archaeology Day Scavenger Hunt
Thank you for playing! The Scavenger Hunt is now over.
Congratulations to our grand prize winner, Jason Tiearney! Read more
Congratulations to the winners of our fifth and final game, Megan Gigacz and Rebecca Dean!
Congratulations to the winners of our fourth game, Bram Mulder and Gertie Bergsma!
Congratulations to the winners of our third game, Jeffrey Becker and Amanda McMahon!
Congratulations to the winners of our second game, LeeAnne Gordon and Heath Patten!
Thank you to all of you who submitted answers to the first game in our scavenger hunt. The two lucky winners of our daily prize (one-year membership to the AIA with ARCHAEOLOGY magazine) are Rochelle Hepworth and Zoe Rawski. Congratulations to the two of them!
1. To join the Hunt, make sure you are logged in to the website.
2. Starting on Tuesday, October 16, we will post a new game each day for five days
3. New puzzles will be posted each day at 12 pm eastern time
4. Puzzle solutions will be accepted until 10 am eastern time the following day
5. All registered participants will be eligible to play the game and will receive an announcement when the game becomes active online
6. All registrants with the correct solution(s) will be entered both into a daily drawing and into a drawing for the grand prize
7. Enter daily to increase your chances of winning the grand prize
8. Two daily winners will receive free one-year memberships to the AIA (current members will receive an extra year of membership)
9. The last day of the contest is Saturday, October 20 (National Archaeology Day)
10. The last set of daily winners and the winner of the Grand Prize will be announced on Monday
As preparations for International Archaeology Day pick up speed, more groups sign on daily. Today, four new groups joined the cause.
The Society for California Archaeology has signed on as a collaborating organization for International Archaeology Day.
2013's International Archaeology Day sees the return of many collaborating organizations from years past!