Join the Archaeological Institute of America, the world’s largest and oldest archaeological organization today, and be connected with thousands of other members who share your passion for archaeology!
Starting at $55 USD
This one-year membership is our most popular membership and it’s intended for anyone with an avocational interest in archaeology.
Starting at $155 USD
This one-year membership is intended for anyone working in the field of archaeology or a related discipline.
Retired Professional and Contingent Faculty Membership
Starting at $115 USD
This one-year membership is intended for anyone who has retired from an active profession in the field of archaeology or a related discipline (Retired) or who derives their livelihood from a professional position that does not provide retirement or health benefits (Contingent Faculty).
Graduate Student Membership
Starting at $55
This one-year membership is intended for graduate students in the field of archaeology or a related discipline.
Undergraduate and Below Student Membership
Starting at $30 USD
This one-year membership is intended for undergraduates and K-12/primary/secondary school students.
Military and K-12 Educator Membership
Starting at $45 USD
This one-year membership is intended for military personnel (active duty or veteran) or K-12 educators.
Starting at $4,000 USD
This membership is a life-long way to show your commitment to archaeology and support the mission of the AIA.
AJA Subscription Info
- We are no longer offering American Journal of Archaeology (AJA) print-only subscriptions. If you wish to continue receiving a print copy of the AJA, you are welcome to choose the combination (print + digital) format at your next renewal. For more information regarding this decision, click here.
- For those joining the AIA as a Society member to receive an AJA subscription with your membership, you must join 30 days prior to the issue date (January, April, July, and October). We are unable to back-start or send prior print issues with AJA combination (print + digital) subscriptions.
- No replacement for nonreceipt of any issue of the AJA is honored after 90 days (180 days for international subscriptions) from the date of issuance.
- No refund is given for canceled paid subscriptions.
- If you are unable to join or renew online, you can download a PDF version of the Membership Form and send it back to us via email, fax, or postal mail.
- To find your Member #, log in here and your Member # will be listed in the box on the My Account page along with your Society affiliation and publication access link(s).
- If you are renewing your membership online, auto-renew will be turned on and your payment method will be billed again in one year. To turn auto-renew off, log in here and from the My Account page, select Billing/Autorenew. You may toggle auto-renew on or off at any time.
- All memberships last for one year.
- Membership dues are contributions and, therefore, not refundable.
- You may choose not to receive ARCHAEOLOGY magazine. However, the price of your membership will not change.
- Memberships include either a print or digital version of ARCHAEOLOGY magazine. However, you cannot receive both the print and digital versions; there is no combination format of the magazine available.
- Memberships may include either a digital version or a print + digital version of the American Journal of Archaeology. To receive the print + digital version, there is an additional cost.
- For members outside of the United States, additional shipping and handling charges apply for print formats of publications sent via postal mail. There is an additional cost of $15 USD to mail ARCHAEOLOGY magazine, $40 USD to mail the American Journal of Archaeology, and $55 USD to mail both ARCHAEOLOGY magazine and the American Journal of Archaeology. If you live internationally and would like to avoid these charges, we encourage you to select digital versions of any publications.
- Any membership portion of your annual membership is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Publications are not tax-deductible as contributions but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. For determining your deductible amount ARCHAEOLOGY magazine (print or digital format) is valued at $18 USD per year, the American Journal of Archaeology (digital format) is valued at $80 USD per year, and the American Journal of Archaeology (digital + print format) is valued at $105 USD per year.
- If you have both an ARCHAEOLOGY magazine subscription and an AIA Society membership, and do not want to receive duplicate print issues of ARCHAEOLOGY magazine, please contact email@example.com and we will request that you be issued a refund for the unfulfilled portion of your ARCHAEOLOGY magazine subscription and you will continue to receive ARCHAEOLOGY magazine through your AIA Society membership.
- If you would like to purchase a gift membership, please do so here.
- For all other questions, please contact the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (857) 305-9351.