Fieldnotes: Digital Resources

A permanent list of digital resources in archaeology and related fields.

See also: Directory of Graduate Programs in the United States and Canada

The Azoria Project is the excavation of an Early Iron Age and Archaic (ca. 1200-480 B.C.) site on the island of Crete in the Greek Aegean.
Excavations at Burgaz.
The Butrint Foundation aimed to use modern field methods to understand the history of Butrint and its region in its Mediterranean context. The archaeological programme has comprised three phases: first, defining the character and extent of Butrint’s archaeology; second, selecting areas for selective large-scale investigation; and, third, preparing the results for publication, archiving and ordered storage at the site.
The Neolithic site of Çatalhöyük was first discovered in the late 1950s and excavated by James Mellaart between 1961 and 1965. The site rapidly became famous internationally due to the large size and dense occupation of the settlement, as well as the spectacular wall paintings and other art that was uncovered inside the houses. Since 1993 an international team of archaeologists, led by Ian Hodder, has been carrying out new excavations and research, in order to shed more light on the people that inhabited the site.
Der "Central Anatolian Neolithic E-Workshop" (kurz: CANeW) war ein archäologisches Online-Projekt im Internet, welches sich mit den spezifischen Fragen zur Vorgeschichte Zentralanatoliens befasste. Der Workshop bestand aus einer sog. internationalen "Table Ronde" die am 23. und 24. November 2001 in Istanbul (Türkei) abgehalten wurde.  
The Central Lydia Archaeological Survey (CLAS) is a Boston University research project directed by Christopher H. Roosevelt and Christina Luke.
A research center in  Klazomenai.
Excavations by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens began in 1896 and have continued with little interruption until today. Restricted by the modern village of Old Corinth, which directly overlies the ancient city, the main focus of School investigations has been on the area surrounding the mid-6th century B.C. Temple of Apollo. This dominating monument has been one of the only features of the site visible since antiquity.
An interdisciplinary project of survey in East Lokris and excavation at Halai, a small ancient town in Opuntian Lokris, situated hard on the eastern shore of the bay referred to by Strabo (9.4.2) as the Opuntian Gulf and called in modern times the bay of Atalanti.