Sponsored by: AIA Tours
Travel and learn with our engaging archaeologist and professor of ancient history Dr. Jenifer Neils on this fascinating tour to Sicily. Jennifer is an expert on the ancient Mediterranean. Recently she served as the first woman Director of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. Previously she held the Elsie B. Smith Chair of Classics at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, and regularly taught courses on the art and archaeology of the ancient world from the Bronze Age to Late Antiquity.
• Discover several of the most impressive Greek archaeological sites in the Mediterranean, such as Agrigento, Selinunte, Segesta,Morgantina, and Syracuse.
• Travel and learn with our engaging archaeologist, Jenifer Neils.
• Admire spectacular, sunlit landscapes of undulating vineyards and Mediterranean Sea vistas.
• See two of the finest examples of Norman architecture: Monreale Cathedral and the Royal Palace of Palermo (Palazzo dei Normanni).
• View extensive archaeological collections at several excellent museums.
• Savor fine cuisine, with wine included at group dinners.
• Feel pampered with five nights at a 5-star hotel and six nights at 4-star hotels, all chosen for their generous comfort and prime locations.
• Relax and enjoy traveling with a maximum of just 16 guests plus your expert lecturer, tour manager, and local guides.
Optional post-tour extension to Malta is October 24 – 28, 2024