IFR Need Based Scholarships
Institute for Field Research
Deadline: March 8, 2019
The Institute for Field Research recognizes that the cost of field schools may be too high for some deserving students. We believe that archaeology should be available to all. This scholarship should help in offsetting a significant portion of field school tuition costs. Students who can demonstrate financial need may apply for this scholarship. Complete the online application and upload supporting documents. Need-Based scholarship are $2,000 each. This scholarship has no cash value and will be awarded as field school tuition reduction only.
- Open to students attending IFR programs only. This scholarship may not be used for non-IFR programs.
- Complete an application, and be admitted, to an IFR field school (no need to pay the deposit fee to be eligible for this scholarship).
- Upload name & email address of one person who will send a recommendation letter on your behalf. Recommendation letter and supporting documents must be submitted by the application deadline.
- Unofficial copy of your transcripts showing your GPA.
- US citizens must upload a copy of their latest FAFSA application available. If you graduated more than one year ago or you are not a US citizen, upload your most recent federal tax return (form 1040 only for US citizens).
- Complete application essay questions.
- Incomplete applications or application submitted past the designated deadline will not be accepted or considered. No exceptions.
Need-Based scholarship are $2,000 each. The scholarship sum will be deducted from the cost of an IFR field school. This scholarship has no cash value. This scholarship may not be applied to any field school outside those offered by the IFR.
- Students must submit an application, and be admitted, to an IFR field school (no need to pay the deposit fee to be eligible for this scholarship).
- Students may apply to all IFR scholarships. Applying to this scholarship does not prevent you from applying to any other IFR scholarship.
- Must be 18 years old or older at the day the field school begins.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Minimum GPA 2.5 (equivalent to 75% grade average).
- Current student or graduated in the past five years for any institution of higher education (community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world.
- There is no nationality restriction. Any student may apply.
- Your major does not need to be in archaeology or related disciplines. Students from any major are welcome to apply.
- Students may apply to all other IFR scholarships. Applying to this scholarship does not prevent you from applying to any other IFR award.
- Complete application online.