UK-Ribchester Field School Scholarship
Institute for Field Research
Deadline: March 22, 2019
The UK-Ribchester Field School is focused on the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural nature of a Roman Fort and includes an extensive public archaeology component. To attract top level students, the Ribchester Project is offering one scholarship to cover 50% cost of tuition for this field school. One scholarship will pay for $2,300 of tuition cost. This scholarship has no cash value and will be awarded as field school tuition reduction only.
- Open to students who applied and were admitted to the UK-Ribchester field school only.
- One recommendation letter requested through the online application process. Upload the name & email address of the person who will send a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Unofficial copy of transcripts showing your current Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Complete application essay questions .
- Submit all materials on time. Incomplete applications or application submitted past the designated deadline will not be accepted or considered. No exceptions.
One scholarship for $2,300. The scholarship sum will be deducted from the tuition cost of the UK-Ribchester field school. This scholarship has no cash value. This scholarship may not be applied to any other field school, within or outside those offered by the IFR.
- Any student who completed an application, and was admitted, to the UK-Ribchester field school (no need to pay the deposit fee to be eligible for this scholarship).
- Must be 18 years old or older at the day the field school begins.
- Minimum GPA 2.9 (equivalent to 78% grade average).
- Current student or a student who graduated in the past five years from an institution of higher education (community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world.
- There is no nationality restriction. Any student may apply.
- Your major does not need to be in archaeology or related disciplines. Students from any major are welcome to apply.