This is an online event hosted in Pakistan.
Sponsored by: Eran ud Turan, Behind The Trowel, Las Plumas de Sīmurgh, Megan Kumorek , Amelia the Archaeologist
Call for Papers Deadline: October 14, 2021
The Save Cultural Heritage Group and its partners are organizing interesting events on the International Archaeology Day on October 16, 2021 as a permanent collaborating organization with @archaeology_aia. In addition to fun activities and contests, SCHG is organizing three panel discussions on
1. The Diversity of Archaeology,
2. Cultural Heritage in the 21st Century,
3. and Digital Future of Archaeology and Social Media.
You can join the sessions (from 3pm to 6pm GMT+1) as a panelist (expectations: a brief personal introduction and sharing your experience in the field), please DM us or scan the QR code to submit the registration form.
1. Dig Diary: Do you have any funny or memorable snapshot from your time in the field? Share your story and picture with us!
2. Experimental Recreation: It’s time to get creative! Recreate an archaeological site or artefact at home – or wear your best excavation suit!
3. Cultural Heritage Profession vs. Tourism: Working at an archaeological site, or in another area of cultural heritage? Or have you simply taken a snapshot as a tourist? Share a photo with us!
How to Join?
All you have to complete 3 steps:
2. Share this post on your own public story (make sure to tag us so we know!). In case of private account, DM us SS in the last hours of story.
3. Submit or Post public feed with hashtags #schgiad #iad2021 #schgpk #eranudturan #BehindTheTrowel #plumasdesimurgh in the caption of shared Image. In case of private account, DM SS.
This event is open to everyone! You may submit as many entries as you like.
Contest closes on Friday, Oct 15, 2021, 11:59pm (GMT +1).
Winners will be randomly chosen, and their submission will be posted on our feed.
Yay let’s start sharing!
As a prize, we offer digital appreciation certificates as well as academic support services including expert discussions with our mentors, CV reviews, university admission counseling, and discounted merchandise products, among others.
Looking forward to seeing you there!