with 3 nights aboard private 8-cabin dahabiyas (sailboats)
This itinerary is carefully crafted to provide the discerning traveler with the finest Egypt tour available. It combines all the best attributes of an in-depth, small-group, all-inclusive, well-paced, luxury trip.
- Traveling with Egyptologist Peter Brand, a distinguished and engaging study leader, who has been directing the Karnak Great Hypostyle Hall Project since 2001; plus a wonderful local Egyptologist and an excellent tour manager
- The exclusivity of a maximum of just 16 guests plus your trio of leaders
- The best accommodations, including 11 nights in luxurious 5-star hotels in Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan; one night in the best available hotel in Abydos; and a three-night Nile cruise aboard a comfortable, eight-cabin dahabiya (traditional Nile sail boat)
- The preeminent sites of the pharaohs from Cairo to Luxor, Aswan, and Abu Simbel:
- Tour Cairo’s new National Museum of Egyptian Civilization (or the new Grand Egyptian Museum, if open), plus the amazing Giza pyramids and Sphinx; and Saqqara’s Step Pyramid of Djoser and newly-discovered, closed to the public, Tomb of Wah Ti
- Explore the astounding temple complex of Karnak (where your AIA lecturer/host has been working for more than 20 years), Luxor Temple, and spectacular royal mortuary temples and tombs in the Valleys of the Kings and Queens, such as those of Seti I and Nefertari
- Visit the remarkable Temple of Hathor at Dendara as well as Abydos, one of the oldest and most important cities in ancient Egypt.
- Cruise the Nile from Esna to Aswan aboard a traditional, eight-cabin, Nile sail boat, away from the convoys of large riverboats, so that we visit remarkable temples without the typical crowds. From the spacious top deck, observe timeless pastoral scenes of feluccas, farmers, herders, and village life
- Fly to Abu Simbel to visit the stunning and enormous rock-cut temples of Ramesses II and Nefertari. Your AIA lecturer/host’s forthcoming book is Ramesses II: Egypt’s Ultimate Pharaoh
- Several fascinating museums, Aswan’s suq (market), and local culture and cuisine
- Special meetings with excavators and conservators, including behind-the-scenes visits, when possible
- An optional, eight-day, pre-tour extension to the Siwa Oasis and Alexandria
In short, this is the most exclusive, enjoyable, and fascinating introduction to Egypt available. It is limited to just 16 guests, so I urge you to reserve your space today.
For reservations or questions, please email us at email@example.com (and include your full name) or call us toll-free at (800) 748-6262 (toll: 603-756-2884). To reserve your space using the online form, click here.
Main Tour Pricing per person (15 nights):
Double Occupancy (13 to 16 Participants) $11,895
Double Occupancy (11 to 12 participants) $12,145
Double Occupancy (9 to 10 participants) $12,395
Single Supplement* $2,795
With fewer than 9 participants, a small group surcharge may be added.
Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability).
Extension Price per person (4 nights):
Double Occupancy (13 to 16 Participants) $4,195
Double Occupancy (10 to 12 participants) $4,315
Double Occupancy (7 to 9 participants) $4,495
Single Supplement* $1,425
With fewer than 7 participants, a small group surcharge may be added. Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability).