This unique trip combines the very best of the ancient pharaonic sites with later Coptic (early Christian) and medieval Islamic sites. This is a luxurious, in-depth, small-group, all-inclusive, well-paced, 17-day trip.
Learn with a distinguished and engaging Egyptian scholar plus one of Egypt’s most experienced tour manager/guides.
Travel with a maximum of just 16 guests plus your two leaders. Enjoy the best accommodations, including 11 nights at luxurious, 5-star hotels in Giza, Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan; a three-night Nile cruise aboard a comfortable, eight-cabin dahabiya (traditional Nile sail boat.)
- Touring the amazing Giza pyramids and Sphinx as well as Saqqara’s Step Pyramid of Djoser and recently discovered, closed-to-the-public, Tomb of Wah Ti.
- Exploring spectacular museum collections in Cairo: the Coptic Museum, the Museum of Islamic Art, and either the historic Egyptian Museum OR, if it is open, enjoy a full day at the new Grand Egyptian Museum (GEM) in Giza.
- Discovering with your experts one of the world’s greatest cities—Cairo, the “City of 1,000 Minarets.” See magnificent Islamic architecture spanning the Fatimid, Mameluke, Circassian, Ayyubid, and Ottoman periods.
- Exploring the astounding temple complex of Karnak as well as Luxor Temple, plus spectacular royal mortuary temples and tombs in the Valleys of the Kings and Queens, such as those of Seti I and Nefertari.
- Cruising the Nile from Esna to Aswan aboard an eight-cabin sail boat, away from the convoys of large riverboats, so that we visit remarkable temples without the typical crowds. From the spacious top deck, observe timeless pastoral scenes of feluccas, farmers, herders, and village life.
- Flying to Abu Simbel to visit the stunning and enormous rock-cut temples of Ramesses II and Nefertari.
- The option to extend your trip with the five-day, post-tour extension to Wadi El Natrun and Alexandria.
I hope that you will join our distinguished leaders to learn about “Egypt through the Ages.”
Prices per person
11-16 participants $13,245
9-10 participants $13,745
Single Supplement $3,645
With fewer than 9 participants, a small group surcharge may be added. Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability).
Optional Post-tour extension
Wadi El Natrun & Alexandria
9-16 participants $2,345
6-8 participants $2,845
Single Supplement $825
With fewer than 6 participants, a small group surcharge may be added. Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability).
To reserve your space using the online form, click here.
For reservations or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include your full name) or call us toll-free at (800) 748-6262 (toll: 603-756-2884). To reserve your space using the online form, click here.