This unique trip combines the very best of the ancient pharaonic sites with later Coptic (early Christian) and medieval Islamic sites. This is a luxurious, in-depth, small-group, all-inclusive, well-paced, 17-day trip.
Learn with a distinguished and engaging Egyptian scholar plus one of Egypt’s most experienced tour manager/guides.
Travel with a maximum of just 16 guests plus your two leaders. Enjoy the best accommodations, including 10 nights at luxurious, 5-star hotels in Giza, Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan; a three-night Nile cruise aboard a comfortable, eight-cabin dahabiya (traditional Nile sail boat); and two nights in the center of Medieval Cairo at a boutique, 17-suite hotel.
- Touring the amazing Giza pyramids and Sphinx as well as Saqqara’s Step Pyramid of Djoser and newly-discovered, closed-to-the-public, Tomb of Wah Ti.
- Exploring spectacular museum collections in Cairo: the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization, the Museum of Islamic Art, and either the historic Egyptian Museum OR, if it is open, the new Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza.
- Discovering with your experts one of the world’s greatest cities—Cairo, the “City of 1,000 Minarets.” See magnificent Islamic architecture spanning the Fatimid, Mameluke, Circassian, Ayyubid, and Ottoman periods.
- Exploring the astounding temple complex of Karnak as well as Luxor Temple, plus spectacular royal mortuary temples and tombs in the Valleys of the Kings and Queens, such as those of Seti I and Nefertari.
- Cruising the Nile from Esna to Aswan aboard an eight-cabin sail boat, away from the convoys of large riverboats, so that we visit remarkable temples without the typical crowds. From the spacious top deck, observe timeless pastoral scenes of feluccas, farmers, herders, and village life during a visit to a farming community.
- Flying to Abu Simbel to visit the stunning and enormous rock-cut temples of Ramesses II and Nefertari.
- The option to extend your trip with the seven-day, post-tour extension to the Siwa Oasis and Alexandria.
I hope that you will join our distinguished leaders to learn about “Egypt through the Ages.”
Prices per person
Double Occupancy (9-16 participants) $12,545
Double Occupancy (6-8 participants) $13,245
Single Supplement $3,445
With fewer than 6 participants, a small group surcharge may be added. Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability).
Optional Post-tour extension
SIWA OASIS & ALEXANDRIA
Prices per person/Double occupancy
13-16 participants $4,245
10-12 participants $4,545
7-9 participants $4,845
Single Supplement $1,595
With fewer than 7 participants, a small group surcharge may be added. Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability).
To reserve your space using the online form, click here.
For reservations or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include your full name) or call us toll-free at (800) 748-6262 (toll: 603-756-2884). To reserve your space using the online form, click here.