From Turin, Italy to Nice, France
Join archaeologist Patrick Hunt on this exciting new itinerary from Turin to Nice and discover how the ancient Gauls and Romans interacted with the landscapes and shaped the history and cultures of northern Italy and southern France. Together we will cross the Alps by high-speed train, from Turin to Lyon.
“The archaeological sites and sights were amazing. Dr. Hunt has a wide variety of interests and knowledge that he was pleased to share with us.” – Doris, Virginia (AIA northern Italy tour)
- Travel with award-winning archaeologist and author Patrick Hunt, who has been doing fieldwork in the Alps since 1994
- Visit several outstanding museums, including the Egyptian Museum in Turin, the only museum outside of Cairo solely dedicated to Egyptian art and culture; and the new Musée de l’Arles Antique, housing the world’s second finest collection of sarcophagi after the Vatican’s
- Marvel at six UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Roman and Romanesque monuments of Arles, the Roman theater and Arc de Triomphe of Orange, the Roman aqueduct at Pont du Gard, the historic center of Avignon, the historic city of Lyon, and the Residences of the Royal House of Savoy in Turin
- Explore the archaeological site of Saint-Romain-en-Gal, also called “little Pompeii,” and take a guided tour of its museum with the curator in charge of the mosaic restoration
- See the village of Vaison la Romaine, the largest archaeological site in France; and take a behind-the-scenes tour inside the aqueduct at Pont du Gard (pending confirmation)
- You will be accompanied by excellent local guides plus an expert tour manager who will handle all of the logistics so you can relax, enjoy, and learn
- Savor fine cuisine at carefully-chosen restaurants for included lunches and dinners, and enjoy the flexibility of independent meals as well. Your tour manager can assist you with restaurant recommendations and reservations.
Tour Prices per person (10 nights)
11-12 Participants Double Occupancy $7,595
9-10 Participants Double Occupancy $7,995
7-8 Participants Double Occupancy $8,795
Single Supplement $845
Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required (limited availability). With fewer than 7 participants, a small group surcharge may be added.