This tour is in the planning stages for a May 2022 departure. To be notified first when it is complete before others, please call 800-748-6262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn with AIA expert Paul Bahn about the extraordinary prehistoric sites of Wessex, England, and Brittany, France. Amidst beautiful landscapes see world renowned, as well as lesser known, Neolithic and Bronze Age megaliths and monuments such as enigmatic rings of giant standing stones and remarkable chambered tombs. Explore medieval churches, charming villages, museum collections, and more.
“It was so well organized and the travelers so interested in the subject. One of the best tours I have ever taken part in.“ – Penelope, California
Stonehenge, the world’s most famous megalithic site, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site together with Avebury, a unique Neolithic henge that includes Europe’s largest prehistoric stone circle.
- Enigmatic chambered tombs such as West Kennet Long Barrow.
Carnac, with more than 3,000 prehistoric standing stones, the world’s largest collection of megalithic monuments.
- The uninhabited island of Gavrinis, with a magnificent passage tomb that is lined with elaborately engraved, vertical stones.
- Several outstanding museum collections including prehistoric necklaces, pendants, polished stone axes, and more.
- The UNESCO World Heritage site of Mont-Saint-Michel, an imposing abbey built on a tidal island.
- Charming villages, medieval churches, and beautiful landscapes of coastlines and rolling hills.
- The tour begins in London and ends in Paris! Arrive early and/or stay longer to explore these cities independently.
Pricing (per person)
Double occupancy (10-14 participants) $TBA
Single supplement (limited availability) $TBA
Single room supplement will be charged when requested or required. With fewer than 10 participants, a small group surcharge may be added.