Travel with anthropologist/architectural historian Trevor Marchand on a splendid, small-ship adventure in the Arabian Gulf. Trevor has been leading study tours through the Middle East and North Africa to acclaim for many years. He will be joined by a distinguished diplomat, Elizabeth McKune, who is intimately familiar with this region.
- A luxurious, eight-night cruise from Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), to Muscat, Oman, aboard the luxurious and ultra-modern Le Bougainville.
- Le Bougainville has just 92 staterooms but extensive amenities and public spaces, including a unique underwater lounge.
- An initial hotel night in Dubai provides us a full day to explore this fascinating and futuristic city, with its mixture of old and new architecture, including the Burj Khalifa skyscraper; and the Dubai Museum.
- A full-day excursion to Sharjah, which was the Arabian Gulf’s most important port in the early 19th-century, including a guided tour of a restoration project in the oldest part of the city and the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization.
- The unique wildlife reserve for animals indigenous to the Gulf region on the island of Sir Bani Yas.
- A day in Doha, Qatar, visiting two excellent museums, one with the largest collection of Islamic arts in the world; plus the Souq Waqif (marketplace) with traditional garments, spices, handicrafts, and souvenirs.
- Abu Dhabi, the booming capital of the UAE, where we visit the fantastic new Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum and Masdar City, which is striving to be one of the world’s most sustainable urban developments.
- Khasab, gateway to the sublime “fjords of Arabia” that you will explore aboard a traditional boat (dhow).
- An excursion into the mountains surrounding Fujairah, with visits to the 16th-century Fujairah Fort and Al Bidya Mosque, the oldest mosque in the UAE.
- An optional, two-night extension in Oman to explore Muscat, Nizwa, the oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid, and the spectacular dunes of the Wahiba Sands.
Program Rates per person (9 nights)
Staterooms starting at:
$7,430 Double occupancy
$9,090 Single occupancy
(Availability is limited, contact us for details – 800-748-6262 or email email@example.com)
Download the detailed brochure for complete pricing and information
Optional Post-Tour Extension – Treasures of the Oman Desert
January 14-16, 2023
Enjoy two unforgettable days surrounded by breathtaking scenery from the Nizwa mountain region to the magic desert of Wahiba Sands. Between oases, fortresses, canyons, and dunes, you will experience nature, culture, and art of desert living.
Post-Tour Extension (2 Nights)
Program Rates Per Person
$1,740 Double Occupancy
$2,520 Single Occupancy
To reserve your space using the online form, click here.
For reservations or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include your full name) or call us toll-free at (800) 748-6262 (toll: 603-756-2884).