Travel with anthropologist/architectural historian Trevor Marchand on a splendid, small-ship adventure in the Arabian Gulf. Trevor has been leading study tours through the Middle East and North Africa to acclaim for many years. He will be joined by a distinguished diplomat, Elizabeth McKune, and an expert in Arabic and modern Arabic cultural traditions, Margaret Nydell, who are intimately familiar with this region.
- A luxurious, eight-day cruise between the Arabian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, embarking at Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and disembarking at Muscat, Oman.
- After one hotel night in Dubai, travel aboard the luxurious and ultra-modern Le Jacques-Cartier that has just 92 staterooms but extensive amenities and public spaces, including a unique underwater lounge!
- Our voyage is timed to include a full day at the Dubai World Expo.
- From fascinating and futuristic Dubai, cruise to Abu Dhabi, the booming capital of the UAE, where we visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the heritage site/museum of Qasr Al Hosn, and Masdar City, an emerging eco-center.
- Stop off at the nature reserve on the island of Sir Bani Yas, a unique wildlife sanctuary.
- Doha, Qatar, blends tradition and modernity. Discover two fabulous museums, one with the largest collection of Islamic arts in the world, plus the Souq Waqif (marketplace) with traditional garments, spices, handicrafts, and souvenirs.
- Le Jacques-Cartier will drop anchor in Khasab, gateway to the sublime “fjords of Arabia” that you will be able to explore aboard a traditional boat (dhow), before arriving in the Gulf of Oman.
- Enjoy an excursion into the surrounding mountains of Fujairah and visit many architectural sites including Fujairah Fort, built in 1670, and Al Bidya Mosque, the oldest mosque in the UAE.
- An optional, two-night extension in Oman explores Muscat, Nizwa, the oasis of Wadi Bani Khalid, and the spectacular dunes of the Wahiba Sands.
I hope you will join Trevor Marchand for this intriguing exploration of the old and new in the Arabian Gulf. We encourage you to make your reservation soon as space is limited on this popular cruise.
Program Rates per person (9 nights)
Staterooms starting at:
$6,790 Double occupancy
$8,290 Single occupancy
(Availability is limited, contact us for details – 800-748-6262 or email email@example.com)
Download the detailed brochure for complete pricing and information
For reservations or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and include your full name) or call us toll-free at (800) 748-6262 (toll: 603-756-2884). To reserve your space using the online form, click here.