UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library
North Campus, UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90095
[FROM ILLUSTRATED FLYER AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST]
"EXPERIENCE UCLA LIBRARY'S EGYPTIAN SPECIAL COLLECTION:
Saturday, March 15, 2014, 2:30-4:30pm
Plus UCLA Graduate Student Research Presentations*
• Gain rare, exclusive access to UCLA Research Library’s extraordinary Egyptian Special Collection.
• See and touch priceless documents, spectacular art and unique treasures from Ancient Egypt and the Near East.
• Apply for a free UCLA Library card, and learn how to use the Library for your own research.
• Hear presentations from UCLA Egyptology graduate students about their latest research.
• Enjoy a delicious array of refreshments, including champagne, hors d’oeurves and sweets.
• Participate in a silent auction of Egyptian-themed books and other items.
Description de l'Égypte
Napoleon brought hundreds of scientists and artists on his campaign to Egypt. Leaf through the original books they published between 1809-1829, including stunning, 6-foot-tall “elephant plates!”
Original David Roberts Prints
Lose yourself among Scottish painter David Roberts’ gorgeous, atmospheric drawings and paintings of Egypt from 1838-1840.
Vintage Photo Albums
In 1887, photographs of Egyptian monuments were assembled into elegant albums as a travel souvenir
for the Vanderbilt family.
Browse a collection of reports written by prominent Egyptologists as they excavated ancient Egyptian sites.
Although these ancient artifacts depicting one of humanity’s first attempts at writing are not Egyptian, they are a thrill to behold. The oldest tablet dates from 3,200 B.C.!
Take a close look at a precious, Egyptian papyrus fragment from the 7th century A.D.
*The UCLA Library Event will be followed by lectures from two UCLA Egyptology graduate students: Carrie Arbuckle on “Petrie's Tip-Cats: The Biography of a Pointed Stick” and Rachel Moy (topic TBA) at 5:00pm in the UCLA Kinsey Building at no extra charge.
Tickets: $25.00 per person
ORDER TODAY! Seating is strictly limited.
• Ticket sales close on Friday, March 7.
• All ticket sales are final.
• Due to the exclusive nature of the event, there will be
no ticket sales at the door.
• Order online: www.egyptexploration.org/tickets.html
• Order by mail: fill out form below and mail with payment to:
EEO/SC Library Event, 1400 Pandora Ave., L.A., CA 90024