Ernest R. Graham Lecture in Ancient Architecture
Ernest R. Graham (1866-1936) was a prominent Chicago architect. He was Daniel Burnham’s principal assistant in overseeing the construction of the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893. Graham’s architectural firm was later responsible for designing scores of major structures, mostly in the classical tradition of the 1893 fair, for clients in cities across the United States.
The Archaeological Institute of America has received, from the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts, an endowment to support lectures about ancient architecture. Since 1956, Graham Foundation grants have been offered to individuals and institutions in support of activities focused on architecture and the built environment.
The Graham Lecturer is selected by the AIA Lecture Program Committee each year. The Graham Lecturer annually visits one local society.
Read the Program's 2013 Annual Report to learn about its many activities this past year.
Congratulations to the AIA-Milwaukee Society—the winner of the 2012-2013 Best AIA Local Society Program online contest!
An update on the artifact conservation from the Queen Anne's Revenge Shipwreck