The Kathleen and David Boochever Endowment Fund for Fieldwork and Scientific Analyses
Will be available in 2018.
The Boochever Fund will support field and laboratory research. The income from the Fund will be used to fund grants to archaeologists to help defray the costs of beginning a new project. Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis. Each project should be designed to address significant questions about the human past. The Fund will support activities such as a site or regional survey, exploratory excavations, or innovative laboratory analyses, informed by state-of-the-art technologies.
- To be eligible, applicants must have been AIA members in good standing for at least two consecutive years by the application deadline.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in archaeology or a related field.
- Archaeologists in any field may apply for support; projects proposed by archaeologists who are at an early stage in their careers will have priority.
- Projects may take place anywhere in the world and in any time period.
- Awardees shall be required to submit a report on their progress to the AIA. They will be expected to publish the results achieved, following a plan approved by the AIA.