San Gemini Preservation Studies - Restoration of Archaeological Ceramics, Paper/Books, Buildings and more
May 28, 2018 to August 3, 2018
Session One: May 28 – June 22; Intersession Field Trip: June 24 – July 3; Session Two: July 9 - August 3
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Sunday, April 15, 2018
San Gemini Preservation Studies is a summer field school that organizes several programs in the field of restoration and conservation including these 4-week courses:
- Analysis, Documentation and Restoration of Archaeological Ceramics - OPEN
- Touching the Stones. Historic Buildings Restoration and Analysis - OPEN
- Paper Conservation and Restoration - OPEN
- Book Bindings Restoration - OPEN
- Traditional Italian Painting - Materials and Methods - OPEN
- Carsulae Archaeological Survey
The programs work in collaboration with the excavation project of the Roman Baths in Carsulae. The programs include both classes and hands-on field work. All academic activities are held in English.
Period(s) of Occupation:
Ancient Roman - Middle Ages
The 4 week program in ceramics conservation will work on materials coming from the excavations at the Roman Baths in Carsulae.
Minimum Length of Stay for Volunteers:
Room and Board Arrangements
Name of institution offering credit:
Independent credit must be obtained from home university.
Number of credits offered
6 per program is recommended